Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday WOD: "Jackie"

"Jackie"
1000M row
50 Thrusters (35lbs)
30 Pull ups
One round for time.

I was last again but I didn't care. I did care that I felt like crying halfway through it. The row was hard and felt never ending. But the thrusters were what did me in. I wasn't even halfway through the thrusters when everyone else had moved on to the pull ups. Ugh. It just felt really hard. My wrists were hurting and my legs were burning from the row. I really felt like giving up. It just seemed like I'd never finish. But at some point I realized I could make up time in the pull ups. I got past halfway and started thinking of the reps in smaller increments to make it seem more doable. That helped. When I got to 36 done, Ali, our coach said, "2 sets of 7 to go!" and I knocked them out. Whew! I rested briefly while walking over to the pull up bar. I used 3 bands like I had in the past and pulled off 15 in a row! Wow! I finished in 16:45 just under a minute behind the next to last person.

I think it might be time to drop to two bands for my pull up assist. :-)

The view from CrossFit Roots. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment