Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's good to be back!

I returned to CrossFit today after missing the last two classes. Two classes doesn't seem like a lot but it was a Friday and a Monday so it was 5 whole days of not working out. Well, I did do a slow walk (2.5mph) on the treadmill for 30 minutes on Monday but I'd hardly call that a workout. Anyway, it was great to be back! I was kind of nervous after being gone so long. And then I remembered, missing two workouts or 5 days isn't long. Missing months at a time is long. Which is where I was at the beginning of the year. And that made me feel very proud of myself! And I smiled out loud. Yes, it's good to be back!

Today's WOD
Today was a "heavy lift day". Heavy, as you know, is a relative term. Note my weight is the least heavy out of all my WOD-mates. I still felt like a strong badass at the end of it. Oh yeah. And that's why I like CrossFit. At the end of it I feel like pure badassery. I often say to myself, I just did that! I still say that to myself at the end of a half marathon too. :-)

Speaking of....

My half marathon training officially begins next week. I've put together my training plan using the "Half Marathon: You Can Do It" book by Jeff Galloway. I'm starting easy and not putting any pressure on myself. No time goals, no race specific goals, just build miles and be ready for whatever is on the calendar after August. I'm focusing on doing it right. CrossFit will build my strength base and confidence and core. I just need to put in the time on the running. 30 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Long run on Sundays. I'm trying not to over think it. I figure the long (30 week) training plan gives me time to miss a few days for whatever reason. (I seem to be sick a lot lately.) We also have some travel plans this summer. That gives me a lot of wiggle room. I'll be adding to my long run in half mile increments each week. That gives me some wiggle room too.

We shall see what this season has in store. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment