Friday, February 1, 2013

Feeling the burn...

I'm getting fit... CrossFit! Oh and do I feel the burn?! Oh my.
1 Feb 2013
I forgot to take a photo of the board on Wednesday. I'll have to ask someone if it was documented. Friday's workout was 15 minutes AMRAP - as many rounds as possible. We found our heavy power clean weight. Mine was 45lbs. And then did the workout with a little less than that. Mine was 35lbs. The exercises were:
5 power cleans
10 toes to bar
15 over head lunges
I couldn't do the toes to bar. And doing the knees to chest from the bar made my shoulder unhappy. So, the modification for me was sit ups with knees to chest (since I couldn't do V-ups.) I was good with that. Good gravy my abs are sore. I can barely sit up straight. And my triceps are really painfully sore. My right elbow hurts too. Probably from the power clean position. I enjoyed learning that move and getting it right. It's nice when you can tell the difference between a good rep and a bad rep.

I'm doing the Monday, Wednesday, Friday shift for the Women Only class. It's a small class, so far. And the ladies are all very friendly but not too chatty. One woman has had a knee replacement! That's pretty crazy that she's doing this crossfit stuff on an artificial knee. She rocks!

I am really enjoying this class. The trainers are very cool. I hope my job holds up so I can keep going. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment