Monday, February 11, 2013

Box Jumps & a 5K

On Friday, part of our workout of the day (WOD) included box jumps. The prescribed height, turns out, was the height I was jumping. It was not terribly difficult for me, but the exercise followed a 400M run and preceded 15 wall balls (with an 8 lb medicine ball). We were doing 5 rounds for time. In my fourth round, I relaxed for just a second while doing the box jumps, thinking about how close I was to being done. That's when I missed the box jump.

Oh my! That was pain like I hadn't felt in a very long time, if ever. I finished the set of box jumps, on a smaller box, and on one leg. But, I was done. There was no way I was going to run after that. I didn't even think I could squat for the wall ball set. Done. CrossFit won that day. It bled for a while. I iced it much of the rest of the day which helped a lot. It didn't even bruise heavily. I felt bruised but didn't become discolored.

I recovered well enough by Sunday to walk the last 5K in the winter series with my sister. It was a cold cold morning but the snow that had been predicted didn't materialize. A few flakes were barely falling at the start. Even though we walked almost the whole way, we ended up finishing it faster than the previous one. And, we each won a box of Girl Scout Cookies at the end! That was good way to end the series and a good way to begin the next round. We are registered for another 5K on the 24th. Trying to keep that momentum going. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment