Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Training Plan

I'm thinking of changing my training plan to include more CrossFit and less running. This weekend I took a mini vacation with my sister-in-law. One of the things we chatted about was ways we are trying to keep ourselves healthy. We have different goals and different health issues but similar struggles as we try to stay on the road to good health. She talked about certain foods being a trigger for her. My trigger seems to be exercise.

I have two types of exercises that I currently enjoy, running and CrossFit. But, much like a diet, I am struggling to find a balance between the right amounts of each. Both can bring a balance to my life and make me feel healthy, when I have enough of each. They complement each other as well. Both make me feel strong.

My current plan (which I've struggled with for various reasons) has been CrossFit two times a week, running three times a week, rest two days a week. I'm thinking of changing it to CrossFit 3 times a week, running 2 times a week, rest 2 times a week. That gives me two days with the ARC and an extra day of strength training. The CrossFit helps my running so I think the balance may be better this way. And running provides me with goals for my workouts. And, now that I think about it, this is the way my schedule was when I first started training. Back when I was enjoying it and had rediscovered my strength.

My CrossFit gym (box is what they call it) is moving too. It will now be part of my commute. So, I think that will help with my new plan too. And, Tuesday track sessions with the club have changed to 6pm which means I can make it to those runs now too.

Balance. Or, is it just consistency? Either way, it makes me happy and more relaxed.

Monday - CF 6pm
Tuesday - track 6pm
Wednesday - CF 6pm
Thursday - rest
Friday - CF
Saturday - rest
Sunday - LSD

Let's see what kind of results I'll get from this. I want to PR at the Georgetown to Idaho Springs half in August. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment