Sunday, April 1, 2012

Training...meh.

I slept in this morning and missed meeting the ARC for the group long run. But, I did get out the door to get a run in on my own. I'd originally planned for at least 8 miles but this one turned out to be only 6 miles. I don't run my long runs well when I'm by myself. Which is weird because I've run all my half marathons by myself. But, I always go too fast on my training runs unless I'm with other people. I don't know why. It's something I need to work on. Or, I need to get up on time and run with the club.

I also opted out of the 4Kay run on Saturday morning. I picked up my packet on Friday, since I had the day off, and I was able to get my race shirt. The more I thought about it, the less I felt like getting up early to drive and park downtown all to run 2.5 miles. Meh. The reason I registered for this race was because it was part of the Women's Final Four here in Denver and it was a fund raiser in memory of the North Carolina coach Kay who died of breast cancer. While I was at Tourney Town picking up my packet, I also got to walk around and see all the cool things at the event. I also bought some basketball shorts - pink Play4Kay shorts. So, I felt like I'd done my part as far as the race went.

My next race is the Platte River half marathon on April 15th. Once again, I feel unprepared for this, my 5th half marathon. Why do I keep doing this to myself? Ugh. Since the New Orleans Rock and Roll half, I've only run a few times. I've done 3.2 mi, 3.2 mi, 8 mi, 4.51 mi, and 6 mi. The first three runs were the week after I got back. The last two were both this week. And I've managed one CrossFit workout. I've got two weeks to get any substantive workouts in.

And, I've registered for the Bear Chase Trail half marathon on September 30th. Trails... I met Sarah this week at Matthews/Winters Open Space park. We ran about 4.5 miles on an out and back trail. It had some challenging hills and some technical bits too. It was probably like jumping in the pool at the deep end for Sarah's first trail run. We are planning to meet at Van Bibber this week.

Next week's plan:
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Speed work at track with ARC (or hill sprints at Scott Carpenter)
Wednesday - CrossFit
Thursday - Van Bibber trail run
Friday - CrossFit
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - LSD

(Maybe writing it down in the blog will help.)

No comments:

Post a Comment