Saturday, February 26, 2011

Joyful Running

I've registered for this one day workshop in Estes Park. It's called Joyful Running and "is for runners over 40 who would like to learn how to be able to sustain their active passions for the rest of their lives." I'm really looking forward to it! I'll be attending with a running friend from work. I'm hoping to learn how to fit running into my work schedule. Between a 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday job, and my fitness boot camp for one hour three days a week (MWF), I hardly have time to get good runs in. I'm usually exhausted from boot camp and don't run until Sunday, which is my long day. The hubby and I are making a habit of walking about 5 miles on one weekend day (to Starbucks and back) which I like to use as a rest day. That works out just fine. It's squeezing in one or two more maintenance runs in during the week that has been hard. My office is right next to a bike path so I don't really have an excuse about location. It's just the time to break away. And the treadmill is getting old now that the weather is getting warm. So, I have less motivation to get up in the morning before work to run for 30 minutes. And it's too late to run when I get home. So, I'm hoping to learn some time management tips for runners at this workshop. 

I'm also looking forward to being away for a day in one of my favorite towns in Colorado. My first half marathon goal is to run the Estes Park half. So, this will also be a nice test to see how I fare running at that altitude. It's higher than Denver and Boulder. I've read that if you get there and run within 24 hours, you should be ok. So, we'll see. There is a group run at the end of the workshop. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment