Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week of April 4th

I keep forgetting to utilize my Runner's World Smart Coach app on my iPhone. I set it up a few weeks ago for the Estes Park Half. Here is the running training plan for this week, according to the app:

Monday - Rest/XT [test day boot camp/Fast Abs]
Tuesday - 2 miles, easy run
Wednesday - Rest/XT [boot camp]
Thursday - 5 miles, tempo run
Friday - Rest/XT [Fast Abs/Arms]
Saturday - Rest/XT [Starbucks walk]
Sunday - 6 miles, long run

I like this app because you can program which days are long days, which days are rest, etc. So, it fits into my own plan but gives me a training schedule that will get me to the race.

This week is the start of the first outdoor boot camp session. I'm only attending one day a week and I've chosen Wednesday for that workout day. Last year, Wednesday's were often trail days where we did runs and workouts either in Chautauqua or at Mount Sanitas or some other challenging place. As much as I struggled on those trail days, I know it helped my running, so I'm hoping to take advantage of that. We also spend lots of time on the hill in the park as well, which is also very good for my running. I'm looking forward to finally starting my real training and this push into the next two months before the race. I really need to build my miles before my 3 week break for work travel and vacation. If I can manage that I'll be really really happy.

So, in addition to the runs posted above, I will attend the test day for boot camp on Monday, which includes a timed mile run, Wednesday boot camp session, and maybe do a short run on Saturday or a Starbucks walk. I also need to get back to my Fast Abs workout, which I didn't do at all this week. Need to do some arm workouts too, just because I want to. That'll come with boot camp as well though.

No comments:

Post a Comment