Sunday, April 24, 2011

7 weeks until Estes

I think I figured out that I was making myself sick worrying about my training. Is that irony? Anyway, even though I didn't run at all during the week, I managed to run nearly 7 miles on Saturday. That was nice! I ran with a friend and we talked the whole way. We walked some bits and that was cool too. I needed that! Today I ran 3.2 miles in a light drizzle. That was nice too. I thought about taking the day off. I felt sore from Saturday's long run but I'm glad I went out there and got more miles done. My legs were much happier than I thought they'd be. I managed to run most of the way and at a pretty good pace too. Yay!

I've learned about some running routes in Atlanta when I am there. And I think I'll be happy to get some miles on the treadmill in Alaska. I'll just play that by ear and not worry about it. Just get it done over the next two weeks and have that base built up before I leave. It's all good. :-)

7 weeks until Estes! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment