Friday, April 29, 2011

Running and Riding

Yesterday, two friends from work and I managed about 6.2 miles on the Bobolink Trail. There were a few of these signs at a couple of trail markers.

Yikes! I didn't feel very good about that. If you've ever read The Beast in the Garden you'll understand why. But, you may not want to read it if you like running trails. But, then again, maybe you should. It's a good read.

We set out to do a tempo run and managed about 6.2 miles. My iPhone battery was running out of juice so I only tracked the run up to the turn around point. I have to remember to try out my solar powered battery back up the next time I am out on a sunny day.

I also tried out my new trail running shoes that I bought the day before. They are Adidas Kanadia TR 3 and they were on sale at Sports Authority, and I had a $15 off coupon as well. They seemed pretty comfy as I walked around in the store a bit and the price was right so I thought I'd give them a shot on the trails. They felt pretty ok. A little stiff but I think that's just because they are new. I think they'll work just fine. It was nice to have a little trail tread. I think I'll try them out on Sunday. (More on that later!)  There could very well be some snow to run on then.

I did feel a bit tired on this run for some reason. It felt good but tiring. Right before hitting the turn around spot I started feeling like I wanted to turn around, so that was good timing. On the return run, I felt much better. I even felt like I had a little left to push it to the finish. I pushed it as we closed in, stretching out my legs to the finish, but barely made it there. I petered out right at the end. I was ok with that because I knew I'd worked hard. I felt pretty tired by the time I got home. I was also starving and it was also pretty late. We didn't eat dinner until 8pm.

Here I am post run and pre-ride. It was a good day!

I really like that skirt. It's a Nike tennis skort that I found on the clearance rack at Sports Authority. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have any pockets. So, I wear it when I plan to carry my fanny pack. It's very comfy. My hair is now long enough to require the bandanna too. That kind of sucks since the weather is getting warmer. But, maybe it'll be long enough for a ponytail soon. Hopefully by Estes it will be ponytail length.

No comments:

Post a Comment