Sunday, March 13, 2011

Had a good week now that I think about it...

So, I'd been struggling with my workout commitments and over committed schedule. After the workshop last Sunday, I finally admitted to myself that I needed to cut back on or give up boot camp if I wanted to focus on my running. Admitting it and putting those thoughts into action were very difficult for me. I am a creature of habit and routine. Boot camp fit comfortably into my work schedule and I'd become accustomed to attending on Monday, Wednesday and Friday every week. But, my body was beginning to rebel and struggle with the workouts. Not good. And, in addition to making me physically feel bad, it also made me quite sad.

So, I've officially called off the rest of boot camp. There is one week left including a test day. Not including the test day, I'll have 5 make up days. The next session begins in three weeks and goes outside. So, I now have three weeks off with no boot camp instead of two. My body can rest a little and I can focus on my running.

Earlier today, I updated my running calendar and my daily mile account. I have an old fashioned weekly planner for my running. I like writing in it. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something important. I also use it to later update my digital trackers. After I made my updates, my mileage for this week totaled over 12 miles. I had no idea I'd managed that many this week! Not all of them were running, maybe about half. But, still, that's quite an accomplishment for me right now. That gives me a good feeling that I can make this transition to running full time.

And, it's just in time too. I have a 10K in two weeks.

Some stats from the week... I ran on Friday with a friend of mine to show her the 3 mile loop on the Boulder bike path. We ran/walked it in about 49 minutes. It was a nice casual comfortable pace. On Saturday, I participated in the Water Buffalo Stampede with my sister and her fiance. My sister and I walked the 5K together in 45:11. I was very happy with that too. She's a very fast walker! Today, I did about 3 miles at Crown Hill Park with my book club Colfax marathon relay team. Also a nice easy comfortable pace. Finished that in about 40 minutes.

I think I'll take tomorrow off. Sunday's are going to be my long runs so I think taking Friday and Monday off will work well for my schedule.

I have less than 13 weeks until Estes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment