Saturday, April 13, 2013

This Week's WODs

Monday
5 rounds for time
21 deadlifts, 400M run
I lifted 60lbs. After the 2nd round, my back started to spasm on the run so, Ali switched me to the rower for a 500M row. This kind of sucked. But, I finished and didn't cry. (I need to figure out what's up with my back. This is the 2nd time this has happened.)

Wednesday
"Nasty Girls"
3 rounds for time
50 air squats, 7 muscle ups, 10 hang power clean
I used a medicine ball for a target on my squats, we all modified the MUs but I still got blisters on my wrist from the false grip, and I lifted 45lbs. This wasn't so bad. It was hard for sure and my wrists didn't like it at all. I didn't mark my time. :-/

Thursday my sister and I did our first Adventure Run. I think we got in about 2 miles of mostly walking. We also got free beer but didn't win any raffle prizes. Oh well, maybe next time.

Friday
12 minute AMRAP
40' dumbbell lunge, 7 burpees, 40' dumbbell lunge, 14 situps
I managed 3 complete rounds. I carried 15 lb dumbbells on each shoulder (a high carry). Burpees are really really hard after lunges. Ugh. You know the workout is hard if you are thinking the whole time, I can't wait for the situps so I can rest my legs. As hard as this one was, I really liked it. It was very challenging mentally to stay focused and keep moving. I need to work on pushing through and not resting as much on these "short" WODs.

No comments:

Post a Comment