Sunday, April 14, 2013

Technique

Last week one of the lifts we did was the hang power clean. I seem to have a hard time staying in my heels. Not just for this particular move but for most of them. So, sometimes I review the moves on you tube and on the CrossFit HQ page. I found this You Tube video for the hang power clean that gave me a bit of insight. She talks about trying to push the bar with your hips to gain more power and maintain form. I'm going to try to remember that the next time we do them.

The next step for me on this fitness journey is to change my diet. It will be difficult to do since there are multiple people living in my house. But, lately, I've become the chef at home. That used to be my hubby's domain. So, after our vacation, I'm planning to make a few changes. Nothing too dramatic at first. And there are a lot of meals that are solo meals for me. Breakfast and lunch are two meals I eat alone. Those are under my total control. And that morning chai... well, it will have to go. More water in my diet would be good. Water used to be all I drank. Then I became bored I suppose. And became an adult who could afford beer. :-)  I do like beer. I won't be giving that up any time soon.

Nearly all of the paleo diet plans say to give it 30 days. This one, for example. I think I can do that. It should be a fair attempt for my household as well. Hubby can eat whatever he wants when he's out and about during work. This won't be an all or nothing thing for everyone. But, I want to give it a try for me.

And that running thing.... I still need to find my motivation for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment