Friday, October 5, 2012

Winter Running

It snowed this morning. :-)

My mom has made her plans for returning home after rehab. I suppose that means I can start thinking about my plans for returning to running. :-)

My mom has PT 3 times a week. Next week's schedule is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. While she is working out with her PT, I should be working out on the treadmill. 30 minutes, three times a week, sounds like a good plan to ease back in.

A Turkey trot 5K sounds like a nice reintroduction to racing. And, there just happens to be one very near my house. The 2012 Turkey Chase at 9am on Thanksgiving morning. Oh yeah. I need to get registered and get moving.

There is a nearby winter running series that looks good too. Three races, three distances (5K, 10K, Half) or you can do three 5Ks. Here is the series:

December 8th - Superior Stocking Run 5K
January 27th - Yeti Chase 5K/10K
February 10th - Ralston Creek Half Marathon & 5K

I've run the Yeti Chase and really liked it. I missed the Ralston half last year because I was training for the New Orleans Rock and Roll Half. If you register for all three before November 1st you get a running series pint glass. I sort of collect pint glasses. :-) I need more running ones.
R&R New Orleans Half, Boulder Spring series 10K, R&R Las Vegas Half

No comments:

Post a Comment