Sunday, November 6, 2011

17 weeks --> R&R NOLA

I didn't get any runs in during the week. Not sure how that happened. Oh, wait, I remember. Snow storm Wednesday followed by life. Anyway...  I did manage to run with the ARC today. I did a slow and easy 4.67 miles. It was billed as 5 miles. Next Sunday I think I'll make sure to get 5 miles. Coach suggested to stay at 5 miles next week as well. The following weekend I'll bump up the mileage. I also chatted with her on the last mile of our run. She said that hill workouts could replace speed workouts. She suggested the Carr St. hill as a great workout and that I should build up to 8 repeats of that hill. 8?! Ok. Something to strive for to meet my goal.

I'm still not sure of my "official" training plan to meet my 2:30 goal. But, right now I'm focusing on making training a habit. It wasn't last week. This weekend the time changed. I'm hoping that helps. My plan for the week is 30 minutes on the treadmill on Tuesday. Maybe a Thursday trail run or a lunch run of about 3-4 miles. Sunday long run with the ARC. One week at a time. Taking care of my own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment