Sunday, November 20, 2011

15 Weeks --> R&R NOLA

15 weeks to go! I had an awesome run this morning with the Arvada Running Club and my running buddy Sarah. We seem to run well together. She asked if I run faster or slower when I run alone. She says she runs slower. I tend to run too fast which results in walking part of the run. I'm trying to work on that because I'd really love to run the entire half marathon. I haven't done that yet. Maybe that should be my secondary goal.

Goal #1 - Finish under 2:30
Goal #2 - Run the whole race (not run/walk)

This past week I managed 2 of my 3 running training days, and only 1 of my 3 boot camp days. I missed one run and one boot camp day because of a workshop at work. No biggie. I missed the other boot camp day because I was tired. Lame.

My long run this morning was 6 miles. The long slow distance days are supposed to be very easy and gradually get longer. (The last two Sundays I did about 5 miles each day.) Sarah has a Garmin which helped to keep us on track and make sure we get all our miles done. I still use my iPhone app MapMyRun. (Maybe I'll pick up a Garmin of my own some day.) It was a good run for me. I felt strong and the work felt easy. At the end I felt like I could go a bit longer. I am thinking this is how I want my body to feel during the race. But faster.

Thanksgiving is next week. My plan is to do boot camp on Monday, try to get a run in on Tuesday and to run 6 miles again on Sunday with the ARC. I'll be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment