Sunday, October 30, 2011

18 Weeks --> R&R NOLA

Saturday I ran a neighborhood 5K - Campbell Ghost Chase - that was so close I could have walked to the start. I didn't but, I could have. My friend and neighbor told me about it. It was a small event, less than 200, maybe even less than 100. It was a fund raiser for the elementary school to put technology in the classrooms. The course started out on the creek path and then meandered through the neighborhood, looping back to the creek path finishing where we started. It wasn't chip timed but my clock time was about 31:45. That would make it my fastest 5K, assuming the time and distance were correct. Woo hoo! I did start out way too fast for some reason. I think because I was so cold. It did warm up nicely though. After the run, we didn't hang out for very long. There was another hour to kill before the drawings which seemed too long. So, I got a lift home and called it good.

Sunday, I met up (finally) with the Arvada Running Club. Sunday was the official start of their winter season. No more speed nights, only Sunday long runs. Since I'm training for the R&R half in March, I'm hoping to stay on target by running with them each weekend. That's my plan. I'm sticking to it. I did 4 miles at about a 13 minute pace. Cool. I was happy with that. The ARC also has plans to run the winter distance series which was also on my calendar to help keep me on track. I'm really looking forward to running with them through the winter. This will be my first winter season of focused training.

I am a little worried about fitting in some recovery time. I was pretty tired. I did some sort of workout every day this week except Thursday and I was tired by the weekend. I did boot camp Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesday I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I skipped a run on Thursday even though I'd planned to run. I'll have to figure that bit out. Maybe skipping a boot camp day. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment