Thursday, March 13, 2014

Suck it up buttercup!

Wow, that was a lot of doom and gloom on that last post! I've realized a few things since then.

1.) I do NOT need to be doing this clean eating 30 day challenge. It's totally messing with my head and not accomplishing what I want to accomplish - gain lean weight. It's just pissing me off, making me tired, and stressing me out. I feel really drained. Some of that is (self imposed) stress but I think a lot of it is food.

2.) 5:30am is not so bad. It's actually pretty quiet and peaceful out at that time of the morning. I didn't even crash and burn later in the day like I thought I would. (I am quite tired today though.)

3.) CF LTP is a pretty cool box. But, yesterday I learned they don't have a lot of equipment. No 35lb bars only 45lb bars. Which, in the long run, is ok but in the meantime not so much. I cannot warm up with a 45lb bar. Ouch! My shoulder did not like that. I can do a workout with one but I really do need to warm up lighter.

4.) My LTP coach is great! He really pays attention to individual needs. He asked me throughout the WOD how my shoulder felt. I really appreciate that because sometimes I forget to pay close attention to it. Or I ignore it until someone makes me think about it. He also gave me some good advice about the food. Thanks coach!

5.) I need to keep my options open for the right place to workout. I've been very frustrated about that and impatient as well. I shouldn't settle for something that is convenient or good enough.

I already knew this one but I'll say it again. My Roots coach is the bomb! She is still offering me advice on this journey and I really appreciate that.

Stay strong and rock on people!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment