Monday, March 10, 2014

Good news/Bad news

I guess it's been a while since I've written. There have been some changes lately, big changes.

I started this post a while back and titled it "4 More Weeks"

2014 is starting off with a bang! I have accepted a new head librarian (and archivist) position thus putting an end to a year and a half of turmoil and uncertainty at my current job. Hooray! I have four more weeks before I begin the new job. That also means, much to my dismay, that I will no longer be able to visit CrossFit Roots for my workouts. I'll have to find a new gym. I am incredibly sad about this to say the least.

I have made incredible strides this past year at Roots. I have made great friends as well. I hate to give it up. But, I will take away everything I have learned and carry it forward with me to my new box. There will be high standards for this as yet to be determined new CrossFit box to meet. When I started at Roots I was an unfit slacker suffering from guilt about not working out. I was also in quite a funk about my job situation. When I begin at a new place, it will be as a fit paleo athlete with nothing but high hopes for the new job opportunity! What a turn around. Roots and Coach Ali have played a huge part in that. I can't thank them enough.

So, with four weeks left at Roots, I will continue to rehab my shoulder. And make sure I am once again on the path to success and multiple pull-ups strung together. I do <3 pull-ups!

I have a fabulous new job!! And with the new job, that shooting pain I had from my shoulder up behind my ear, that pain went away. So did the large knot I had in the back of my neck. Funny, that.

That was the good news. The bad news is I can no longer make it to my happy place, CrossFit Roots. And I have yet to find a replacement. I had been quite optimistic but now I'm starting to feel very unhappy about that. It seems I can't have both at the same time, mental health and physical health. It's one or the other. Love the new job. I'm sure gonna miss my strength. I worked hard on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment