Thursday, May 9, 2013

CrossFit, Running, Vacation

Maybe not in that order. It's been a while since I've posted but it's all good. I went on vacation, where I did no running or CrossFitting or even stretching. Lots of eating, drinking, and visiting. Yay! Now, I am back home and focused, ready to make some fitness progress.

My sister and I are registered for the Skirt Sports Half Marathon Relay! I talked her into it. She's always quick to point out how I can easily make her do these things. The relay is split in half so we're building up, on our weekend long runs, to 6 miles. This weekend is the Westminster Women's Classic 5K. She is also doing the Mud Run the day before. She's also thinking about buying the Halloway walk/run timer watch.

CrossFit is really starting to gel in my mind now. I feel confident in my ability to successfully complete many of the moves. And by successful I mean struggle through with proper form. WODs are still pretty hard and they will likely always be hard if I keep pushing through to new weights I can lift, etc. But, I feel very good about knowing when I should back off from something and when I shouldn't. And I trust my coaches (well coach now that Tracie has moved :-( to Durango) to know this as well and give me proper instruction. So, I don't dread showing up. I don't dread getting injured. I don't dread any of it. I grin and bear it, suck it up, grit my teeth finish! And I love it!

Here's a photo my coach took yesterday. She loves my pushups and how I maintain my form throughout. Those were hard pushups! The workout was a 20 minute AMRAP of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 air squats. I did 6 rounds plus 5 pullups. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment