Sunday, May 19, 2013

CrossFit & Running

I feel like I'm really hitting my stride. Last week I doubled up on a couple of workouts. I missed Monday (for a meeting) so went on Tuesday instead. The WOD was 10 dumbbell clean and jerk, 1 pullup, 9 DB C&J, 2 PU, 8 DB C&J, 3 PU, until we laddered to 1 DB C&J, 10 PU. For time. And for once, I wasn't last. Pull ups have become my thing. I need to drop a band on the assist.

Tuesday night was also the 3rd Dash & Dine 5K for me and my sister. I've been sort of pacing her on this series. Her times have increased with each race. Knowing we were going to run walk the event, I didn't worry too much about doubling up the workouts that day. What I did worry a little about was the WOD the next day, Wednesday. That WOD was run a 5K for time. Well, I thought, this will be a good test of my running fitness.

On Tuesday, our finishing time was 42:17. That's about a six minute improvement since we started. On Wednesday, for the 5K time trial, I finished in 34:38. Wow! That's fast for me. It's especially fast considering how hit and miss my running training has been. This CrossFit stuff is pretty amazing. I am so all in!

Our half marathon relay is June 9th. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment