Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Chase 5K

I think this is the first run I've done since my birthday. My goal was just to run/walk it and have fun. My secondary goal was to finish under 45 minutes or not have this one be my slowest ever 5K. Mission accomplished! My "official" time, it wasn't chip timed, was 38:54. Woo hoo!! I was super excited about that. That was good for 17th out of 31 in my age group. At about 2.25 miles my knee started to hurt a little. So, I walked. I didn't ice right away after, which I should have. Other than that, I felt really good. I had a nice slow pace. I remembered how to use my Garmin too. I did take my instruction book just in case.

I don't even remember how long it's been since I've raced. I can't even remember how long it's been since I ran outside. I could certainly feel that in my legs.

11 weeks until the half marathon. Ugh. What was I thinking?

Time to hit the Y now that all the visitors have come and will soon be gone. I need to do at least two days of boot camp or boot camp like activities. I'll be setting my alarm for 5:30, or rather, waking up when my alarm goes off at 5:30, to try to get to the 6am class. Shower at the Y and head to work from there. It is time to shake off the blahs and get my butt in gear.

Game face.


No comments:

Post a Comment