Sunday, November 25, 2012

5K Scholarship Run

The Arvada Running Club organized a post Thanksgiving 5K fun run in the neighborhood on Saturday. My sister and I participated, walking most of it. I was still a bit sore from my Turkey Chase and she hasn't started running yet. She has been working out a lot more than I have, doing the elliptical at her apartment complex. Although, she doesn't count the workouts if she doesn't get 30 minutes in. We've been dropping a dollar into a workout jar for each workout we do. I haven't counted the two races.

The fun run was quite fun. There were prizes, snacks and burritos after the race. I provided the Gatorade. About 30 folks showed up to run or walk. It was nice to learn this route since it is part of the neighborhood where our club does it's long runs. I may use it when I start meeting up with them again.

My sister wants to start running again. She may do the 5K winter series with me. I'm doing the long series. Not sure what made me think that was a good idea. That gives me about 11 weeks to prepare for a half marathon.

My plan next week is to hit the YMCA on Monday and Wednesday for the Les Mills Body Pump class. It starts at 6:05 am. That's really early for me. I am so not a morning person. But, I need to do some cross training and get my strength back. I need to get a routine going.

No comments:

Post a Comment