Sunday, June 3, 2012

First Run of the Summer Season

I met the club and my sister at 7am for the first training run of the season. I'm starting on the beginner plan which called for 2 miles. We did a run/walk combo on and out and back route. It felt good to be out on the road again. My knee started to hurt just a little right at the end of the route. But, I'd brought my bag of frozen peas for my knee and that really helped. We did a little bit of stretching after the run as well and had a cool down walk at the end too. I probably should have stretched more. I need to remember to ice tomorrow too. I've been prescribed two weeks of icing whether I work out or not.

Tuesday we'll be going to track to run laps. Then I need to run one more day this week totaling three training runs for the week. And, I also need to call to make my PT appointment.

Day one in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment