Monday, January 16, 2012

7 Weeks --> R&R NOLA

My mom's surgery was postponed one week. She is in surgery as I type. (Yay, wifi in the waiting room!) That threw some things off schedule but also gave me time to really get over the cold I'd had since the 1st.

I managed a short 25 minutes on the treadmill on Friday. That felt good to run again. Then Sunday, I did the LSD with the ARC. My running buddy and I managed about 7.6 miles! Woot! My lungs felt great. My legs felt great for about 4 miles. Then I felt tired. Then I felt sore. But, I'm glad we did it. I wanted to stretch my legs and see where I am after missing about 2 weeks of running. It had been so long since I did a training run that I'd forgotten how to use my Garmin. :-(

I have a 10M race on tap for Saturday. I'm a little worried about it. I am still pretty sore from the LSD yesterday. But, I think after a rest day today and a shake out run in the week, I'll be able to finish it. Walk breaks will be my friend.

My plan is to use the February 10 miler as my test to see if I can maintain the pace I want to keep during the New Orleans half. I think that's a good plan. And, it will be a good pacing test. I've never run with a specific pace in mind. And even though I missed two weeks of training, I can still use the same training plan because my race is two weeks after the race the club is training for. So, I don't feel too terribly worried.

So, here I go, back on my feet. Time to work harder and stay focused on the goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment