Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Week's update...

Ran Sunday. Monday I ran without timing myself. I did a 3 mile loop out the door from work in about 37 minutes. Tuesday evening I met the Arvada Running Club at Oberon Middle School. Tuesday's they do speed work at the middle school track. But, everyone is welcome to attend even if they don't want to do speed work. I ran laps on the outside and got in about 3 miles. That makes three days in a row. Wow. It felt hard but awesome when it was done.

My Wednesday boot camp work out hasn't happened. Maybe when I get home I'll do a fast abs set and the pushups and dips ladder. That will feel good. My abs are certainly very flabby these days. Sigh. It's my tough area for sure.

I'm starting to get that running feeling back again. I'm remembering what it's like to move my feet. Even running 12 laps at the track felt meditative. I've never run with music. I just enjoy the scenery and my efforts. Some times I look at my feet (easy to do on a track) and am in awe that they are moving. And I think about how I won't be able to do this some day. And I'm grateful for now.

Just keep moving.... Ndank, ndank*...





*Slowly, slowly in Wolof. I should put that on a running t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment