Monday, September 12, 2011

That running feeling...

I'd lost that running feeling. Life got in the way. All good things. My sister got married. I had lots of vacation trips. That's all good for my mental health but not so great for my running health. And boot camp is over. Well, the paying for it is over. My trainer has moved to Utah so I've decided not to register for more classes. The idea is to get my workouts in on my own. (That's not going so well.) Now I'm feeling fat and slow. The good news is I ran yesterday (5 miles) and today (3 miles). That's quite a feat these days. I'm planning to run tomorrow evening with the Arvada Running Club. That'll make it three in a row. Wednesday I'm planning to workout, boot camp style, with a friend and her neighbors. Thursday I can run trails. Maybe Friday I'll rest or boot camp it again. Rest Saturday with a walk to Starbucks. Sunday, 3 weeks from the half marathon, I'll do 6-7 miles as a long run. 

I want to feel like this again:
And this:
I am remembering my original half marathon goals - finish and not pass out. I can do that. I don't have to break any time goals. I will add to my total number of half marathons finished. That's all that matters. Finish. Have fun. Don't pass out. :-) I can do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment