Saturday, November 30, 2013

Holidays!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! My in laws come to visit and we celebrate all of our November birthdays - mine, my hubby and his two girls. This year we added one more, Brayden James, our brand new grandson was born on Nov. 5th!
We did not have a paleo Thanksgiving and I was ok with that. Thanksgiving is about family and tradition. I did manage to sneak in a paleo side dish - brussel sprouts sauteed with bacon and mushrooms. It was tasty! But, that's where the diet ended for me. I ate lots of non-paleo foods and enjoyed every bite. I'm calling it a cheat day (or 2). Pumpkin pie, pumpkin maple pecan cheesecake, creamy sweet potatoes, white mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce... Mmmmm. The day after I had leftovers. Later I even indulged in some ice cream from Scrumptious. I'd been craving some ice cream from that particular place for a while and now that I've had some, I'm good to go. It didn't sit well but it was worth it.

Today, Saturday, I am getting back on track and trying to clean out my system with exercise and hot tea.

I'd registered for a Turkey Chase on Thursday but decided to skip it. I was pretty tired from three days in a row of CrossFit. And it was nice to sit around and visit and prep for the day. Instead I ran on Friday at Van Bibber. I did 3 miles and was happy to be out. I finished the run with a sprint up the hill. Well, "sprint".
Catching my breathe at the top of the hill.
The hill.
Today is a lazy day. My sister-in-law is leaving today. The parents-in-law leave tomorrow. Shopping? Football? Movies? Relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment