Saturday, January 26, 2013

CrossFit

Monday is the last day of the 3 week On Ramp foundations training session at CrossFit Roots. After that, I plan to jump right into the regular Women Only sessions. I'll register for 3 times per week and stick with the MWF schedule. The sessions are at 10:30 and it's nice to have that to break up the work day.

Speaking of work, that's mellowed out a bit. My job is secure through the end of September which makes it a full year of work that I wasn't supposed to have (when I got laid off last August). I still don't yet have a secure future but September gives me a lot of time to get a lot of things done. Hopefully, some of those things will secure my future. Or, I could also win the lottery. Some days those options have equal chances of happening. :-)

I really like this gym in Boulder. It's quite mellow which is what I need right now as I'm starting over and dealing with so much other crap. It's nice to start with a group of ladies with similar goals. We are also of a similar age for the most part. Trying to get back to a fitness level previously enjoyed is hard as you age. Having women around you struggling to do the same is the best.

I missed the yoga class last week. I can't remember why. I think I need a more beginner level class. I'll have to look into that and use my Y membership for something.

I also need to really think about what I'm eating. :-/ I'm not ready to admit that just yet. I'm just trying to make my workouts a habit at this point. Maybe for Lent I can give up something again. I fell off the wagon recently with the soft drinks. I think re-establishing that and also giving up the Starbucks chai would be a huge thing. :-/

Tomorrow my sister and I will walk the Yeti Chase! I'm excited for that. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment